Thursday, 22 January 2015


Here are some recent drawings I have been doing with my fantastic new GraphGear1000 pencil. It is super lovely and holds very slim leads at 0.3. The drawing above is just some playing around with incorporating letter shapes into drawing. Although not obvious this little drawing began with taking an I shape from some curly old handwriting from a note I found in an old book. After the I's joining up in a wave like manner I decided to add a t - for it's anchor like qualities and also with the Hamlet quote 'Sea of troubles' in my mind which Lloyd had quoted earlier that day. Quite a playful obscure little piece.

Then below is my first steps into playing with imagery on origami. As a non-smoker I thought turning rizlr's into paper planes and drawing on them was a much better use. I am interested in developing new patterns to put onto these. I am also intrigued to try out some interesting origami ideas, all on the miniature side of things, these will be coming soon! These are potentially in planning for my Hide and Seek Exhibition at this years Fringe Arts Bath.


sophieerin.co.uk
Next
This is the most recent post.
Older Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer