Hide and Seek Call Out
Last year I put on an exhibition for Fringe Arts Bath called Tall Tales; a fantastic experience and I am excited to be putting on another exhibition this year. Last year's was a real explosion of works climbing across the walls in their own ways - from stories, collages, paintings and drawings with tape - the exhibition was quite a feast of variety from my selection of 13 other artists.
The exhibition I am curating this year is called Hide and Seek and will be a show full of hidden works, inviting curious visitors to seek them out.
Whilst last year's exhibition was about spreading the work across the walls, this year I am intrigued by pieces captured within a space and it's furnishings. I am interested in visitors seeking the work for themselves, the pieces like curious specimens to surprise and delight. By restricting the work into hidden places this aims to amplify curiosity.
With Tall Tales and again with Hide and Seek I am interested in exploring work displayed in unconventional ways. I feel this will impact the audience and the way they interact with the gallery space, this time questioning their attention to detail.
I am currently on the look out for artists and writers who would like to be a part of Hide and Seek, the deadline for submission is 14th February. The work can be in any medium: sculpture, installation, painting, drawing, multimedia, writing etc. I am keen for small items but also intrigued by anyone who may take up the challenge to hide something big.
You can find out about the call out on the Hide and Seek blog.
For more information contact me at hideandseek@fringeartsbath.co.uk

0 comments:
Post a Comment