Saturday, 17 January 2015


 My 2014 Christmas was by no means completely handmade but I did decide to get creative with my families presents. Creating bunny rabbit soft toys for two of my nieces and decorating notebooks with fine line drawings.



I have long been a fan of textiles from afar but it is something I haven't really ventured into much before, so my decision to make the rabbits was along the spontaneous side. I was definitely happily rooting for the homemade look! I was however very pleased with how my sleepy bunnies turned out. The girls instantly cuddling them as they raced around on Christmas day.

I used white tights and various fabrics and buttons from my bits and bobs collections to make them.



My notebooks featured birds, flowers and nautical imagery. Although my work often is influenced by nature, florals is not something I have really focused on in particular. With the knowledge that my mum and sister are keen on their florals these Christmas projects were a great chance to play with some new imagery. I really enjoyed decorating these.







Unfortunately my tired Christmas Eve photographing was not the best, so I do apologise for any poor quality photographs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer